Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May challenge continues....

The challenge continues....I did have Subway again and today I ate at the MF salad bar with Jenee and Marcel.  I'm down 10 lbs from when I started and feeling pretty good about it. When I win I am going to use the money for new clothes, but I have come to the conclusion that if for some slight chance I don't win I will still need to buy new clothes, so really that's a win-win...or a lose-win....and the end result is a new wardrobe. 

I few months ago I decided to start working towards getting out of debt.  The husband and I have decided we're much better at spending money than paying off debt and so for now we're going with that method instead.  So we are getting new windows!  I think our house, which was built in 1954, still has the original windows. 

Today I opened a can of beef broth and the expiration date on the lid was 12/21/12 and I thought maybe I should save it in case the world ends on 12/21/12 and then as the world is ending I can pull it out of a drawer and say "Look, the beef broth can lid tried to warn us!"  And then we would all laugh as the earth swallowed us up.  But then I thought about how unorganized I am at home and how I would lose the lid before 12/21/12 and then I would spend hours trying to find it as the world was ending, and who really wants to spend their last hours looking for a lid?   So I threw it in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment