I've never been one to focus on getting older. I still get carded for rated R movies, alcohol, and sex toy stores. Most recently I was mistaken as my younger friend's daughter...from a distance...and that lady was probably on some sort of drug...but still. I blame these people:
My parents. They are young looking people. Guess how old they are in this picture taken a year ago.....well if you aren't related to me then you probably didn't guess they're in their mid50s. It could just be me though, maybe I think they look the same because I'm just used to seeing them.
But, I'm getting off topic.
So, like the nerd I am, I calculated how many days and weeks are left until the big 3-0. Fortunately these days there is this handy dandy thing called the internet and it's much faster than counting each day on a calander...
According to said internet, I have 31 weeks (221 days) until I turn 30. I think a "30 things to accomplish by the time I turn 30 list" is in order. That gives me 1 week to accomplish each item, plus a week for cushion (that's those MBA style math skills in action!)
Here is my list (in no particular order):
1. Lose 40lbs.
2. Tone my arms.
3. Write a will.
4. Skydive. (This will be after the writing of the will)
5. Pay off $13,000 in debt.
6. Start my tax preparation business, for reals.
7. Buy Jenee an Awesome t-shirt.
8. Stop drinking caffeine (I'm thinking this will be in week 29 or 30...)
9. Go on a tour at the Syburus.
10. Find out what is made at Flutes, Inc.
11. Go on at least 1 romantic getaway weekend with the hubby.
12. Have my teeth whitened.
13. Read at least 1 book per month.
14. Bungee jump.
15. Clean out the gutters.
16. Turn sunroom into something useful (i.e. office for #6)
17. Get out of bed when the alarm goes off..the first time.
18. Buy a new wardrobe.
19. Go to the zoo with family.
20. Be aggressive, be be agressive.
21. Plan a cruise.
22. Go rock climbing.
24. Be a vegetarian for 1 week.
25. Create an organized recylcling center in our house.
26. Go tanning.
27. Watch a scary movie without covers.
28. Learn to speak and understand Spanish.
29. Participate in classy Wednesdays, every Wednesday.
30. Have a birthday bash with my friends at Howl @ the Moon on my birthday.
You may be saying, "Hern, some of these goals are not S.M.A.R.T. goals, and since you have your MBA, shouldn't all of your goals be S.M.A.R.T.?
My answer is no. Some of these are just things I have never accomplished (getting out of bed when the alarm goes off, skydiving, go tanning) and some are just things I need to do but I've been too lazy (buy Jenee an awesome t-shirt, clean out the gutters).
The focus here is that there are 30 things to do and 31 weeks to do them. You'll notice I didn't put "update blog everyday" or something similar because, well you know I wouldn't be able to cross that off my list. But I will try to keep it updated with my accomplishments, even if it is just a one line blog: Had my teeth whitened.
I don't know how to end this post, so I will leave you with a picture of a 2 liter.